Alarms silenced due to stupid bug/feature:

FAHMI BASSEM

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Alarm goes on, I click volume rocker to silence, things are straight forward until I click and hold the button (lowering) which results in silenced alarms/snoozes resulting in missed events...

Is this a common bug on Android?

#Nokia8

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On my Pixel 2 XL, if I press and hold the Vol Down button, the Ringtone volume goes all the way down to Vibrate, but then I have to release the button and then press again in order to get to Do Not Disturb. But I haven't tried this when an Alarm is ringing -- does this only happen for you with Alarms?

FAHMI BASSEM

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
On my Pixel 2 XL, if I press and hold the Vol Down button, the Ringtone volume goes all the way down to Vibrate, but then I have to release the button and then press again in order to get to Do Not Disturb. But I haven't tried this when an Alarm is ringing -- does this only happen for you with Alarms?
You can replicate the issue by setting an alarm, when the alarm goes on, turn the volume down to zero, the result is you're going to miss this alarm and the following until you turn the volume up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When the alarm goes off, why not just tap the Dismiss or Snooze button (in the notification), or if you're on the lockscreen, swipe to the left or right to accomplish the same thing?

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
So reading this thread, it seems like there's no bug at all and everything is working as intended. The volume button controls the volume of whatever is in the foreground. So if you press the volume down when an alarm is ringing, then you're controlling alarm volume to zero. Since you set it to zero, then it would be working perfectly when the next alarm does not sound at all because alarm volume is zero.

It's not an Android problem since it's working exactly as it was designed to work.

My suggestion is put the phone somewhere where you have to stand up to turn the alarm off.

FAHMI BASSEM

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
So reading this thread, it seems like there's no bug at all and everything is working as intended. The volume button controls the volume of whatever is in the foreground. So if you press the volume down when an alarm is ringing, then you're controlling alarm volume to zero. Since you set it to zero, then it would be working perfectly when the next alarm does not sound at all because alarm volume is zero.

It's not an Android problem since it's working exactly as it was designed to work.

My suggestion is put the phone somewhere where you have to stand up to turn the alarm off.
Just found an option to use the volume rockers for snooze instead of volume.
Not sure if this new or not, any way... problem solved!

Thank you all....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12