Little man icon in lower right on bottom home screen. How to remove Galaxy S8?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just appeared,probably something I was doing earlier

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. What happens if you tap or long press that icon? Just in case, go to your accessibility settings and see if there are any options enabled in there.

Dave Stickel

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
I have the same thing just popped up, I have not done anything different but I have tried everything possible to get it to go away!! I have followed all suggestions from sites & community forums, what next?
What is that little Mna standing there -arms out streched, what does it mean?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same thing just popped up, I have not done anything different but I have tried everything possible to get it to go away!! I have followed all suggestions from sites & community forums, what next?
What is that little Mna standing there -arms out streched, what does it mean?
Welcome to the forums. What phone do you have? Have you already checked your accessibility settings? What happens if you tap or long press that icon?

nitemare50

Oct 18, 2018
Visit site
To get ride of Little Man lower right bottom....

Go to setting then...
Accessibility then...
scroll down to Talkback....
Turn IT OFF.

Done

This didn't work. So far nothing has. I have had the both google pixels 1 & 2 & going for the 3 in about a month. I have never seen this person icon at the bottom right & also pops up when you touch the volume side buttons where the person icon now has a slider added. WTF is this & how do you get rid of it.

dcboy

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
I figured it out. It was not TalkBack but Magnification, which is also in the Accessibility setting in the Pixel 3. I had turned it on not knowing the little man would show up. Once I turned it off he disappeared. Yea!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On Pixels, it's the Accessibility Menu. Go to Settings>Accessibility>Accessibility Menu, and make sure it's toggled off. Not sure if all other Oreo/Pie phones have this.

Janinenz

Mar 21, 2019
Visit site
ReSamsung S10+: Little man icon in lower right on bottom home screen. How to remove Galaxy S8

Settings, Accessibility, Screen reader, turn off Voice Assistant
This will make the little man go away and stop reading things aloud on phone:)

Sweetnlow2563

Jun 14, 2019
Visit site
If you tap it the screen zooms real big. If you hold it it doesn't do anything. Tapping it makes the orange border show up then tap it again screen gets huge guess tap it again to make it go away but the little man stays and I hope it by accident Constantly so I really to kill him so he won't come back.

It doesn't read anything on mine

OMG THANK YOU DCBOY!!! He's gone!! On my Samsung S 8 it's Settings, Accessibility, Visibility Enhancement, Magnifniction.
I want to know how that got turned on.

Last edited by a moderator:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Little man icon in lower right on bottom home screen. How to remove Galaxy S8

Thanks and welcome to all the new members who have registered and posted helpful replies in this thread. That’s very much in the spirit of Android Central. :)

Reactions: Claptonfan1026

Barbara Came

Nov 22, 2019
Visit site
DC BOY - Thank you SO much!

The little man in bottom right corner was driving me mad! Tried everything, but you mentioned the "magnification" button & that was the culprit. I have a Xiaomi Redmi 2.
Thank you!

Helder Reis

Feb 10, 2020
Visit site
I have a Samsung A7:

I use both fingers to reduce screen 3x3 and then double tap on Settings with the orange square on it. Then search for "Voice Assistance" on the head top. Select "voice assistance". Select it "off"

Hunter006

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Depending on the type of Android you have, these suggestions probably do work, however, it didn't work on mine. So, sitting here and playing screw-around with my phone (Rebel 4 Running 8.0), I found another way to kick that Lil dude out. SETTINGS / ACCESSIBILITY / SELECT TO SPEAK Turn that off. I hope this helps someone out.

:) (poof) I'm out.

Reactions: Claptonfan1026

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech