Sorry if this has already been asked, I couldn't find anything on it in search.

I understand that it simplifies things to have all your apps come from one source, that's great for the people that like that. But what I want to know is if there is a way to prevent/stop Google Play from swiping ownership of my Amazon Apps and Samsung Galaxy Apps?

I prefer to have my Amazon apps from Amazon, Samsung apps from Samsung...I guess it's in my phone organizing personal peeves... but I can't be the only person annoyed by this?
    07-21-2018 07:49 PM
    Welcome.

I'm not sure what you mean. Google doesn't own the apps available in the Play Store...apart from the few that it does own of course. Are you saying that you'd like to use other app stores as well?

(I've modified your thread title so that it does not seem libellous.)
    07-21-2018 08:57 PM
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by Google Play is taking ownership of the Amazon and Samsung apps.

Google Play is just the default app store in Android and both Amazon and Samsung load many of their apps in there so that they can get auto updates.

If you use the Amazon App Store to purchase something and download it, I don't think Google Play would take over and provide updates.
    07-22-2018 02:23 AM
    Google Play don't do that. I have apps I bought off Amazon and never in my 5 years of history of buying apps from both Amazon and Google did one ever swipe ownership. Sometimes I wish Google Play actually would since the Amazon version seemed to be getting updates later than the Play version.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-22-2018 09:51 AM