Why are colors in photos inaccurate?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have an LG X Charge. Deep reds and orange of a sunset look pink. Other colors come out wrong also. I can edit the photo to correct the color, almost perfect, but I don't want to do this all the time. Any suggestions?

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Without seeing an example photo with all its EXIF data included, the most likely problem is that the "auto" setting of your camera is doing an auto white balance that is trying to make the sky blue.

If that is the case, a fix is to put the camera app into manual exposure mode and change the white balance setting to "daylight" or something near 5600.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Or experiment with the setting until the picture on the screen shows the same color for something in the red family as the same color as the object. (It's too bad we can't lock the white balance, or a grey card would make it easy.)

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Do the images look the wrong color on another display? They might look bad because the display is off color.

Otherwise as already mentioned the camera is probably auto adjusting the white balance poorly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463