How I think I beat the "Amazon" takeover my browser malware

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I saw another user describe how she deleted cache settings for her S6 and reset other settings to kill the malware ads she had. My Galaxy S9 didn't offer the opportunity for cache manipulation as S6 had but I was able to uninstall my affected browser (Chrome) and replace it. Then I was poking around to find that I could stop the auto sync and reset the sync options to delete history and other settings like autofill and such. I kept my bookmarks and pswds and didnt sync anything else. I have no idea yet what I may have overdeleted but at least I can now use my browser again without the "opportunity" to play an "Amazon" game from which there is no escape. Clickbait malware with whatever news story I happened upon recently is definitely too blame.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Glad you were able to get rid of it. In general, you can also go to Settings>Apps, select your browser, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. In Chrome, you can also go to its settings menu and look for the Privacy section. There, you can clear all browsing data -- do it "from the beginning of time."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38