My s7 had been lagging terribly since the latest software update, so this morning I spent time making sure to back up everything before I did a hard reset. I was able to restore everything else; however, I can't get a lot of the appointments I had saved in the calendar widget to reappear. Some things are there, but others are not, even though I *thought* I was backing up my most recent calendar. Anyone have any suggestions? I've searched online for hours and think I've tried everything possible on the phone. A lot of the suggestions I was reading pertained to the Google calendar app, but this is for the widget.
    07-22-2018 07:32 PM
    Look in Google Calendar. If they're there, go to Settings/Accounts/<your Google account> and make sure calendar sync is enabled.

If they're not there, they're gone. A factory reset wipes the database file they were in.
    07-23-2018 05:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree with Rukbat. The main question is which calendar account those missing events were saved to. If you saved the events to the local Phone account calendar (instead of the Google account calendar), then they're gone, because those events don't sync anywhere automatically -- you'd have to back them up manually, which usually requires exporting the calendar events as an .ics file.
    07-24-2018 01:20 AM