I have an LG Tribute HD through virgin mobile, I swapped phones a few months back and forgot the passcode to this phone.

Going through a custody battle where I need screenshots of the text messages in the phone so I have been trying mercilessly for the last 2 days to bypass the lock screen. Have attempted Dr. Fone, a plethora of ADB commands and even tried the SD card crack, but nothing is working.

Phone will not go in to boot loader to choose the SD card method, instead goes directly to the main screen even using ADB reboot boot loader/recovery/download etc. and I don’t think I’m doing the ADB commands properly because every one I have tried says it is not a system command or the path is not recognized. Have also tried turning on the WiFi via ADB but it immediately tells me ‘killed’.

Could anyone please help me figure out what the heck is going on here? Really need access to these text messages so that I can see my sons.
    07-23-2018 01:22 PM
    Could anyone please help me figure out what the heck is going on here?
    It's what I call "forget your password and you turned your phone into a rock". There's no secret trick to access a locked phone except to unlock it the way you set it to be unlocked - password, PIN or pattern.

Really need access to these text messages so that I can see my sons.
    Understood, but the amount you need access has nothing to do with getting access. If you didn't write the password down somewhere, and you can't remember it, you can't get into it.
    07-23-2018 05:03 PM