I mean, everytime i dont use the sd card, i unmount it and then in a while mount it again?
    07-24-2018 01:22 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I can't think of how that might be dangerous. But if the card is unmounted, and if any of your apps use the card to save data, it might cause the app to behave oddly. The main reason to unmount the card would be if you intend to remove it.
    07-24-2018 04:05 AM
    Being as the SD card tray is fragile, I wouldn't recommend it. I wonder, what is the reason for you doing this?
    07-24-2018 05:57 AM
    Being as the SD card tray is fragile, I wouldn't recommend it. I wonder, what is the reason for you doing this?
    I assumed the OP was talking about the Unmount command in Settings>Storage​, rather than physically removing the SD.
    07-24-2018 06:03 AM
    I assumed the OP was talking about the Unmount command in Settings>Storage​, rather than physically removing the SD.
    Ah, true too. What would be the point of that?
    07-24-2018 06:48 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I can't think of how that might be dangerous. But if the card is unmounted, and if any of your apps use the card to save data, it might cause the app to behave oddly. The main reason to unmount the card would be if you intend to remove it.
    Agreed. I don't see a need to unmount the SD card unless you are planning to physically remove it for some reason (other than "just because").
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-24-2018 11:15 AM
    That would be the only reason. If mounting it (or unmounting it) causes a write, you shorten the life of the card by constantly mo0unting and unmounting it. (I've had cards mounted in phones for over a year [always turned on] and no ill-effects. Cellphones used in burglar alarms have them mounted for many years, and no ill-effects.)

"Just because", if unmounting causes a data flush, is "just because I want to have to replace the card more often".
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-24-2018 04:59 PM