I cannot find Google Apps in settings

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, After adding an SD card, I moved all the data from internal storage to the card. After that i decided it would be a good idea to install bunch of Google Apps i didnt even need. That resulted in the device getting short of storage i dont know how and why that happened but it did, so i thought I'll just delete them, but i couldnt find them in my Application Manager, on my homesecreen not even Google Play store is letting me delete them because now they all need updates and the only options i see on Google play are update and open so basically i cant find them and i cant delete them. Any kind of help would be appreciated.

djrakowski

Q&A Team
May 4, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!

Which phone are you using?

You should be able to delete all of the installed apps by doing the following:

1) Open Settings->Apps
2) At the top right, there should be a menu hidden behind three vertically-stacked docks. Tap on it and "Show system apps"
3) Scroll through the list and tap on the name of the app you want to remove
4) There should be two buttons at the top of the display, just under the name of the app. One of them is "Force Stop," and the other is either "Disable" or "Uninstall. If it's "Uninstall," tap it and the app will uninstall. If it's "Disable," you'll want to turn off a few other settings before disabling the app: under "Mobile Data," disable the "Allow background data usage" toggle, then under "Battery," turn off "Allow background activity," and finally under "Notifications," turn off notifications. Then you can tap "Disable."

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also, when you inserted the SD card, did you have the option to format it as Internal Storage or Portable Storage? How did you "move all the data" to the SD card?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol