This is a recent problem as I had just done the July android update for my phone, an s8+. When the phone dies, it has a hard time getting past 1% on fast charge and does not want to restart. Meaning it just dies soon after rebooting. Also, below the circle that shows battery percentage when the phone is of and charging. I get an icon that shows the charging cable and caution sign. When charging the phone when it is still on, it is in “slow charging” mode? Despite it being plugged in all the way and being a Samsung sanctioned cable that came with my phone. Any thoughts? Thanks.
    07-24-2018 09:31 PM
    You should not run your battery down that low. The phone is in a charge mode which is sometimes fatal to a lithium ion depleted completely routinely.
    I suggest reading up on lithium charging procedures.
    07-24-2018 10:46 PM
    Discharging below 1% means that the battery has to precharge, which can take an hour - before it starts charging at all. If you try to start it during that hour you're starting a phone with a dead battery. Then you have to give it another hour to fully charge. Assuming that you haven't already killed the battery by discharging it too far too many times. (You can completely kill a brand new battery in a month doing that.) It has to go into a repair shop at any rate. (Even if it was still under warranty, batteries aren't covered.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-27-2018 09:26 PM