[SOLVED] Full screen pop-up ads

kirnkorner2001

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I are both having a lot of full screen pop-up ads on our phones. She is using a Samsung Galaxy S8+, an I am on a Pixel 2 XL, so its not a specific device or manufacturer problem.

There is no consistent way these are popping up, doesn't seem to be app specific. We can be typing along, and an ad comes on that takes up the whole screen. Sometimes when we go to unblock the phone, a full screen ad pops up, this is happening before we even have a chance to launch any apps. Truly annoying.

I have done many searches, and nothing I have tried is working. I have gone in and turned off Google advertising and opted out of everything I could. Most of what I have read says its a waste of time to system wipe, so I haven't gone that far yet, and would like to avoid that if possible.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shelene 72

Jan 18, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

I'm new here and have an annoying issue. I have an LG G7 and I'm seeing full screen pop up ads and these lil bubbles that appear on my screen and disappear after a few seconds...this just started about a week ago. I've read the the questions and answers above and am trying to figure out where to long press on the lil icon in my recent apps overview. I've included a screenshot of my apps overview. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you! 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-01-18-16-22-29.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-01-18-16-22-29.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 6

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I'm new here and have an annoying issue. I have an LG G7 and I'm seeing full screen pop up ads and these lil bubbles that appear on my screen and disappear after a few seconds...this just started about a week ago. I've read the the questions and answers above and am trying to figure out where to long press on the lil icon in my recent apps overview. I've included a screenshot of my apps overview. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!
Welcome.

Press the X to close individual apps - whichever ones you want, by shuffling through them and selecting - or Clear All to close them all.
Tell us if you still have problems.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your response, however, what I'm trying to do is find which app is the culprit for the pop up ads. Thank you for your help
Welcome to the forums. You need to long press the little icon top left on the overview card (see screenshot) and then tap "i" (info). Some apps don't leave a record in there though, so you will need the extra steps explained on the guide linked before.

IMG_20190119_113506.jpeg

twiztedbeing_87

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
Re: Full screen pop-up ads

Most likely this is caused by an app that you both downloaded. You could try this, next time the ad pops up open the recent apps overview, long press the small icon top left on the last card and then tap the info icon. See which app it opens.

What happens when you try to open the recent tabs and it closes to the home screen?
Then u can't find out which app it is. Still having issues.

Jamesd2012

Jan 26, 2019
Visit site
Hi!

I'm new here and have an annoying issue. I have an LG G7 and I'm seeing full screen pop up ads and these lil bubbles that appear on my screen and disappear after a few seconds...this just started about a week ago. I've read the the questions and answers above and am trying to figure out where to long press on the lil icon in my recent apps overview. I've included a screenshot of my apps overview. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you! 😊

I had the same problem with my LG G7, and it was driving me crazy. I recently deleted a solitaire game app that was automatically loaded on the phone when I bought it, and I have had none if thise annoying ads since. I hooe this helps.

ProxiMythe

May 7, 2019
Visit site
I have this same problem
my device is Mate 20 pro running emui 9
tried using the recent button but there nothing
got frustrated so I reset my phone
but even after resetting my phone the full-screen pop-up ads still exist
help...
I don't know what to do

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have this same problem
my device is Mate 20 pro running emui 9
tried using the recent button but there nothing
got frustrated so I reset my phone
but even after resetting my phone the full-screen pop-up ads still exist
help...
I don't know what to do
Welcome to the forums. Did you restore your apps after the factory reset?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae