my lg aristo will just drop out apps for no reason then after i reboot it or remove the battery it will work good for some time never more that a day or two and then it starts all over again. outside of just doing a factory reset and then messing with the setting again as they take so long i wanted to ask just in case there is a fix that saves me all that trouble?

also is there a way to do a factory reset and get the phone back to the settings that were there before i do the reset? i have 5 home screens and that is hard to get back. i have reset this phone 2 or 3 times already before and getting those setting are time consuming. i have google but even google does not bring back the setting.

i have lg backup and that fails as well. any help welcome. thanks bp.
    07-27-2018 02:46 PM
    That phone has 1.5 GB of RAM, which is pretty low by today's standards, so it's possible that the phone's RAM is getting overloaded, causing the system to force stop some apps. Or, if you installed a 3rd party "RAM cleaner," that might be causing more problems than it claims to solve (which is usually the case for that kind of junkware).

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-33853
    07-27-2018 06:49 PM
    That phone has 1.5 GB of RAM, which is pretty low by today's standards, so it's possible that the phone's RAM is getting overloaded, causing the system to force stop some apps. Or, if you installed a 3rd party "RAM cleaner," that might be causing more problems than it claims to solve (which is usually the case for that kind of junkware).

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-33853
    can't say yet as i have not tried safe mode. but i just turned on safe mode and that took a ton of the app icons off the home pages. and the apps that are giving me fits are not even showing.

with safe mode on i have 1.2 used
    performance normal
    toeal memory 1.3
    avg used 87%
    free 180 mb

so i can't tell you if the tinycam app is the problem. but i have tha app running on a tablet next to my phone and it is running good but for dropouts due to wifi. i don't think this is the same issue

i went to playstore to see if i had to install it and i have it, it is not showing up in safe mode. so i can't test the app.
    08-15-2018 08:54 AM
    Which tablet is that, and how much RAM does it have? If it has more, that could be why the performance is better.

Getting back to your original post, I'm not sure if there's an easy way to save your homescreen setup with the stock LG launcher. Android doesn't have a native way to save your homescreens, but some 3rd party launchers (most notably Nova) allow you to save the setup so that you can restore it easily.
    08-16-2018 03:27 PM