I've just synced all my contacts from my Samsung phone to my Google account and then to my Samsung tablet. Somehow Google has found and added profile photos to some of my contacts. (They are the right people). How has it done that and why has it only done it for a few contacts?
    07-30-2018 05:53 PM
    Some people add their own profile pics on their Google account. So anyone who has their email address (or number, if it's updated on their Google profile) will be detected by Google and linked to your account. For example if I'm your contact and I updated a profile pic, my pic will be updated on your phone.
    07-30-2018 06:50 PM
    I notices the same and I am angry at android for this.
    I find it totally unacceptable that Google peaks into my address book on my phone and has the right to 1/ see what gmail addresses I have in my contacts and looks these gmail accounts up systematically 2/ add pictures in MY personal address book without my consent.
    I suppose I have given authorizations for this without even noticing, hell !

Anyway: How can I DISABLE this intrusion in my address book ?

Best !
    02-21-2019 12:56 AM
    02-21-2019 01:04 AM
    Hmm.. what synch ? From google account ?
    02-21-2019 01:32 AM
    OK. Found it. Thank you.
    I did turn off any synch to my google account, that I do not intend to use as a repository for my data.

And I am somehow angry: the adresses/contacts I transferred from my private computer to my phone where all immediately exported as google contacts. Now all deleted but big G had them for 24 hours, hence for ever I suppose. I do not have serious things to hide in my contacts, but I do not see why they should be transferred by default to the other end of the world.

This is... hmmm... I am trying to be polite... this is... very questionnable.
    - You cannot set up your Android without linking it to a google account.
    - So you link you phone to a google account for the sole purpose of starting up your phone.
    - BY DEFAULT and without asking consent, synch is turned ON for this google account.
    - Then all the data you transfer to your phone are leaked to Google...
    and I do not remember seeing a warning for this.
    02-21-2019 01:45 AM