Recently my screen is doing something weird where the screen keeps dimming. Sometimes it does if multiple times in a row and then others its every couple of minutes. I thought I might have accidentally changed the brightness settings to auto adjust but none of my settings have changed. It also doesnt seem to correlate with me getting notifications. No matter what app I'm using or even if it's just sitting not locked it does this. Restarting my phone usually helps but after a few hours it starts again.
    longtallsam likes this.
    07-31-2018 01:47 AM
    One of my biggest peeves with the Galaxys! I had an S5, then S7, now S8 and each one had the same problem. Auto brightness is turned OFF, but the screen will just spontaneously go black! Well, it appears black or almost black in a normally lit room. I have had to take it into a pitch black closet to see the settings well enough to turn the brightness level back up! This usually happens once or twice per week. I have mentioned this on previous forums and everyone always tries to bring up "auto-brightness". As I said above, auto-brightness is turned OFF! This bugs me so much that, at my next upgrade, I may try a Pixel. I also have the issue of the incoming call ringer volume muting itself!
    08-16-2018 08:06 PM