On my phone, system data takes up 6.27 GB, apps take up 4.27 GB (i only have 5 apps btw), and "other" takes up about 5.08 GB, but can go up to around 5.13 GB. I am unable to click on system data. That adds up to about 15.67 GB, and i only have 16 GB on my phone. I've cleaned up the "other" category before, but most of the stuff in there confuses me and might be necessary for certain apps to function, but idk. So i was wondering, is there a way too access system data and erase some stuff not needed, since everything else seems to be not working. I always end up running out of storage and having to go to settings and clean up cached data, which causes me not to be able to be on certain apps for too long. help??? (Phone type: LG fortune)
    07-17-2018 04:35 PM
    System data is best left alone, unless perhaps you know what you're doing, which most of us would not.
    To reduce the footprint of unwanted preinstalled apps to a minimum, Clear Cache, Clear Data, Force Stop, and Disable. If prompted to install the factory version, agree.

It may be worth doing a full backup of your personal data, including SMS and calls with the SMS Backup & Restore app, then factory resetting. That would certainly clear unnecessary files.
    Also, see this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=315804
    07-17-2018 07:39 PM
    The phone is partitioned into a number of "drives". System is one of them. You can't install apps to the system partition, so even if you could delete everything from it and still keep the phone running, you wouldn't have any ore storage space.

The only thing you have access to is a partition usually called userdata - that's the app space you see being used. (Other is data being stored by the apps, and you can clear a lot of that by clearing data on each app. But clearing data on Contacts deletes all your contacts, clearing data on Maps, if you've downloaded any maps for off-line use, deletes them plus all the locations you see in Maps that you've been to. Other apps store other data - that you really want.)

A 16GB phone today, even a 32GB phone, isn't large enough - that's why manufacturers are coming out with 128GB phones, and starting to come out with 256GB phones. Everyone wants to "make apps", but very few people want to take the couple of years it takes to learn programming (and then spend another couple of years becoming experienced enough to write good apps that work well), so some companies have come up with "app-writing-apps" - just drag the things you want to the screen, a picture window, a text box, etc., tell the app what you want, and it links everything together to produce an app that sort of does what you had in mind - and has its library of code to do everything that everyone wants their apps to do. So what used to be a 1MB app is now a 200MB app, and we need larger phones to store them all.
    07-18-2018 01:56 PM
    My phone has really been stressing me out lately. Most of the apps I have will stop randomly because lack of storage (keep in mind that I only have 5 apps that I downloaded from the google play store). I have already forced stopped and disabled factory apps that i can't delete. I have a over 1000 pictures on internal storage that I don't really want to delete/clean out (and i've already deleted pics and vids that I don't need). I have an sd card, but it isn't working and I can't get it to work (i've given up on that). Now, to access certain apps, I have to clear my cached data very often. Even that isn't a good solution because most of the time I don't have a lot of cached data, which means that I can't be on those apps for a long time. I'm just questioning if I should just get a new phone even though I don't have much money. I'm really tired of this phone. (I have an LG Fortune with 16 gigs)
    07-31-2018 10:18 AM
    It may be worth doing a full backup of your personal data, including SMS and calls with the SMS Backup & Restore app, then factory resetting. That would certainly clear unnecessary files.
    Also, see this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=315804
    This! Also, depending on the model, you either have 1.5/2 gigs ram. I'm sure you would benefit from a fresh start.
    09-21-2018 05:10 PM