A video was sent to me by facebook. Orca it was a video of someone I know and someone I didn't doing something they shouldn't. When I tried to look up the info or details it says the account has been deleted or taken down. How do I find where the video originated,is there anyone that could find it?!
    08-01-2018 04:19 PM
    How did you receive the video again? Facebook and Google aren't in any way connected, so... If you received the video via the Facebook app, it should say from whom in either the post or message as received (IIRC if the account is deleted, so are all their posts, so that wouldn't show up for you after the fact). If it's on a Google service (like GMail), then you'd see an account from which it originated, and that can be either a fake account, spam, etc. unfortunately, BUT you'd see an address nonetheless.
    08-01-2018 04:31 PM
    I have the video info as /document/primary:com.facebook.orca/fb_temp/orca_share_media1530138360497.mpeg
    08-01-2018 04:48 PM
    Yeah, that's the path for where it's saved on your phone and it only means it came from playing it via the Facebook app. As to where the video was played from, well, that's up to the FB app and wherever you got to that video (either a link post in your feed, a specific profile, a private message, etc.)
    08-01-2018 06:25 PM
    I appreciate your time and help very much. I've always worked with my hands, not computers so to be honest I don't know how I got it. On my phone I swiped down to get my notifications and that video is one of the things to click on. I don't know how it got sent or how it was received. How do I find out if it was private message, who's profile or what link post to what's a feed?
    08-03-2018 06:01 PM
    Unfortunately you'd have to know where the notification came from. If it was a private message you'll see it in your Messenger conversations (unless you deleted it). If it was from a post on your feed, it should be there. You can also view a history of your notifications from the Facebook app (in the notifications area) as well as checking your own Activity (from the Activity section in your profile); maybe you'll find the video there; it helps if you remember the date you opened it, though. Otherwise it's going through all your history until you find it.
    08-03-2018 06:11 PM