How do I use my phones internet on my xbox 360 if my phone carrier doesn't use hotspot enabled phones?

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Sky - model # SM-S320VL
    Andriod Version 6.0.1
    Carrier: Straighttalk

No Hotspot or Tethering option available in settings and Straighttalk just told me they don't allow any of their phones to have the hotspot option. I've tried Foxfi and a couple other WiFi apps and none will work. I just want to use the internet from my phone to watch YouTube and Netflix on my HDTV.

Any Ideas?
    08-02-2018 09:17 PM
    My personal suggestion would be to get a Chrome Cast Device
    Rukbat likes this.
    08-02-2018 10:28 PM
    @kct1975 - Thank you. Will the Chromecast allow me to view my phone on my HDTV even if I don't have WiFi in my home? My home internet sucks and goes out in storms all the time, but my phone still gets its internet service. I just wanna be able to allow my kids to still view YouTube and Netflix when my house internet is down. That's when they really need it ya know. Thanks again for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it
    08-03-2018 01:21 AM
    No, Chromecast does need a reasonable internet speed.
    08-03-2018 03:07 AM
    How about a 4G router for your internet? Or get a carrier that allows use of phone as hotspot.
    08-03-2018 03:45 AM
    Here's what I do. I'm on metered internet but this has worked for me. I bought a Roku unit for the TV in the bedroom and downstairs for my grand daughter. 2 separate units. I initiate screen mirroring on my Note 8 and both Roku show up. I pick which one I want to connect to and voilá the phone's unlimited data is streaming to my chosen TV. I do not use any data from my wifi router. The Roku uses the wifi network in the house to make a connection loop from my phone to the Roku without any wifi data usage.

How do I know it's not using wifi data? Because after 50 gigs of data use my wifi slows down to 2G of unlimited. Now, everyone knows that 2G data is useless for streaming but since I'm mirroring my phone and using my phone's LTE connection, I can stream all night long without buffering.

I hope this idea helps. I got the Roku on Amazon for $29. Well worth it for me. Last month I streamed 63 gigs while I watched the entire series of Downton Abbey.
    ericcook likes this.
    08-03-2018 09:55 AM
    Chromecast only needs internet to set up. Once it's set up, any wifi router, not connected to the internet, will work. (I think it might even use a direct Wifi connection between the Chromecast and the phone, so it doesn't need a router - it's been a few years since I set one up that was out of range of the router.)
    08-03-2018 01:39 PM