Hi, i have a oneplus 6 running twrp and magisk root
    i have been trying for about 7 hours to do what you would imagine would be a simple task of transfering about 32gb of music to my device.

however everytime i drag the files over from my pc to my phone the file explorer window opens and says its going to take an hour or 2 to complete then about 4 minutes into the transfer the window just vanishes, almost as if the phone has been disconnected.

on my one plus 2 i used to boot into twrp and it would show as a storage device in windows and i would drag and drop.
    now with my oneplus 6 when i boot into twrp it doesn't show on windows as a storage device instead i hear the noise of a device being connected but it doesn't show in windows.

***What i have tried***

tried zipping the folder and using ADB push D:/music /sdcard and it will move the zip file but when i come to extract the files it says error bad archive but on my pc it extracts just fine.

tried booting into recovery like i used to do on old devices but it doesn't show as storage on my pc.

tried playing round with drivers etc.

tried using rar/zip archives instead of copying all the music folders at once.

i'm getting really frustrated that such a simple task has taken me all day and im still going on with it!

if anyone can help me from throwing me phone at a wall i would be very greatful haha

thanks for any help!
    08-03-2018 10:35 AM
    almost as if the phone has been disconnected.
    Because that's what's happening - most USB chips can't handle that kind of data dump - 32GB at a time. Try about 1GB at a time. (About the only way of doing it at one shot is with a wifi file transfer app, or an FTP client if you can run an FTP server on your PC.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-03-2018 03:37 PM