Google Assistant stuck on "Just a sec..." screen - help?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently factory reset my LG G5 to try and clear away some of the junk that ends up on a phone after nearly two years of use. I'm trying to setup Google Assistant, however, I'm stuck on the screen that says "Just a sec...". I've tried force stopping the google app, restarting the phone, turning Google Assistant on and off again in settings, to no avail. I would really appreciate anyone that could help, as I use Google Assistant a lot and it would be a shame if I couldn't get it to work.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have all Play Services and the Google/Assistant app updated yet? After a Factory Reset, you might need to let this update first to get it to work...

If all else fails, try re-formatting the phone (you already cleared data anyway).

Zafi7890

Aug 4, 2018
Visit site
Exact same thing happened to me today!
I did a factory reset today on My Galaxy Note 8 and after that everything is working except Google assistant....i get a pop up saying "just a sec" and it's constantly loading and nothing is happening...please help

erinemily

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to me today. I did a factory reset and Assistant was stuck at "Just a sec..."

Are you a beta tester for Google? I was. Left the Google beta program from within the Play store, uninstalled the Google app to set it back to default, reinstalled Google, and now it's working.

Gareth Colville

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue after doing a hard reset on my Note8. I uninstalled 'Google Assistant' and 'Google (Beta)' then reinstalled 'Google Assistant', set up 'Google Assistant' then updated 'Google (Beta)' and all is working fine now. I think it was a problem with the latest 'Google (Beta)' update.
b463971a8c81e29a7abfd6964c9f8706.jpg

undergrad

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I just reformatted my one plus 3t and I'm having the same issue. All of my other google applications are functioning fine thankfully.

I double checked that I'm not part of google assistant beta program and I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the application numerous times without any success.

Before I uninstalled the app I went into the applicationss settings and tried to select clear data and clear cache, but both options are greyed out.

undergrad

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue after doing a hard reset on my Note8. I uninstalled 'Google Assistant' and 'Google (Beta)' then reinstalled 'Google Assistant', set up 'Google Assistant' then updated 'Google (Beta)' and all is working fine now. I think it was a problem with the latest 'Google (Beta)' update.//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180806/b463971a8c81e29a7abfd6964c9f8706.jpg

Thanks Gareth that did the trick!

Here is a quick breakdown of what I did...

1. Uninstall the google assistant app
2. Search for the google app in the playstore and opt out of the google beta program.
3. Update the google application.
4. Reinstall the Google assistant app
5. Enjoy!

Thanks again Gareth!

brindlebutt

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Gareth - Just saying - Same thing happened to me 8/5/18 when I factory reset my Nexus 6p which is no longer in the Beta program.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled - no success - still stuck on the Just a Sec.

IDHooda

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to the info on this thread, I fixed this issue. Thank you!

I have an LG G7 which has a Google Assistant physical button so you would think Assistant would work well. The problem was definitely related to my being a Beta tester for the Google app.

• I opened the Play Store app and searched for the Google app
  • It doesn't show up as the Google Beta app from the search
  • I clicked into the app's page which then showed it as the Beta app
  • I clicked the "uninstall" button which uninstalled the update
  • I then immediately opened the Google Assistant app and it worked
  • I then reinstalled the Google Beta app
  • The Assistant app worked great after that

There's clearly a conflict with loading the Google Assistant app the first time when you're a Beta tester. Uninstall the Beta, Launch Assistant, Reinstall the Beta. Not difficult but can be frustrating. No need to factory reset or erase anything. Hope this helps someone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol