How do I find my phone's Gallery folder on my PC's File Manager?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I've recently got a Samsung Galaxy J5 2017 as my first smartphone and have been using it mostly as a camera. I've transferred photos from the DCIM/Camera folder to my PC via USB cable and Windows File Manager. However, there are a couple of photos that I've saved to the Gallery (as this was the only option available) that I want to copy to my PC, but I cannot find the Gallery folder in File Manager. I cannot find any option on the phone to move them out of the Gallery, either, so the photos are just stuck there with no way to move them to my PC, as far as I can see. I assume I'm just missing something and there is a way to do this? Any help would be much appreciated!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
There is no 'Gallery' folder, unfortunately. The Gallery is just a viewer: it displays any available image on your phone and displays them also in 'Albums'; these Albums are actually the Folders where they are stored (but the actual path is up to the app that created/downloaded the image). For instance, for Camera pictures you'll find that in the DCIM/Camera folder. If you downloaded the image from a browser, it'll go to the Downloads folder. If you use another app, you'd have to check where that app is set to save images to (a backup folder, their own folder, Downloads too, etc.).

If you can see the image you want on your phone, open it, then tap the menu button, select Details, and you'll see where exactly on the phone it is saved to. Then you can just open that path on your computer and copy the file.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci