I tried charging my phone the other night because it died and for some reason it won’t charge with it being either plugged in or any wireless charger the green LED doesn’t even light up this is my main phone and I wonder if anybody can help me the power button it does not work everything else does though any help would be greatly appreciated
    08-05-2018 03:32 AM
    Plug the charger in and wait at least 2 hours before deciding it's not charging. If the battery went really dead (like 2.4 Volts), it's going to take a while of sitting on the charger before it starts charging (if it does - lithium batteries don't do well when they're discharged below about 2.8 Volts, but some phones won't turn off before that point, so leaving the phone turned on can drop the battery down to 2.4 Volts or even lower).

If it still won't show any signs of charging by then, it needs a new battery, but a phone that old isn't worth what it would cost to have the battery replaced (just the battery is about $20 - then add at least another $20 for labor and you're about at half what a new one would sell for - no dings, no scratches and a factory-new battery).
    08-05-2018 03:27 PM