This morning when I unlocked my phone I noticed a pop up ad or pop up alert or something. I accidentally touched the screen and it disappeared before I could read it. Anyone had any idea what this could have been? Anything is helpful. Thanks!
    08-07-2018 01:32 PM
    No idea, sorry

I did want to say two other things though. First, welcome to the forums! Second, it looks like you have several threads on this topic. You'll get better feedback if you limit it to one thread - that keeps everyone trying to answer on the same page.
    08-07-2018 02:38 PM
    This morning when I unlocked my phone I noticed a pop up ad or pop up alert or something. I accidentally touched the screen and it disappeared before I could read it. Anyone had any idea what this could have been? Anything is helpful. Thanks!
    What phone are you using? And where did you get it from?
    08-07-2018 02:41 PM
    What phone are you using? And where did you get it from?
    Samsung Galaxy S8 and I got it at the Verizon store.
    08-07-2018 02:47 PM
    Have you tried any new apps lately? May be a rouge app.
    08-07-2018 02:53 PM
    Have you tried any new apps lately? May be a rouge app.
    Not to my knowledge.
    08-07-2018 03:12 PM
    Is there a way to look up pop up history? I'm sure it's saved on the phone somewhere.
    08-07-2018 03:13 PM
    As I said on other thread it's quite difficult to know for sure which app is pushing that popup. Until you manage to take a screenshot try the steps posted here:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=901497
    08-07-2018 03:15 PM
    As I said on other thread it's quite difficult to know for sure which app is pushing that popup. Until you manage to take a screenshot try the steps posted here:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=901497
    I guess no one understands what I'm trying to ask. Oh well. I tried at least.
    08-07-2018 03:53 PM
    I think we get what you are trying to ask but as it was stated before there is no real way to find out. If you cleared the notification it is gone. There isn't a history to pull up what was dismissed and whatnot like a change log.
    08-07-2018 04:04 PM
    I think we all understand what you are asking, the tricky part is to know for sure what caused the popup, specially with so little detail. It could be an ad, an error toast, a system message ...

Most apps that show a log of this kind of popups (which kind anyway?) only register the ones that occurred after being installed, so no much help there.

As explained on the other thread, some popups leave a record on the recent app overview, or under memory usage, or as running services. Until we don't have more details or you tell us how it went trying those instructions I'm afraid there's not much we can do, except guessing.
    08-07-2018 04:04 PM
    I think we all understand what you are asking, the tricky part is to know for sure what caused the popup, specially with so little detail. It could be an ad, an error toast, a system message ...

Most apps that show a log of this kind of popups (which kind anyway?) only register the ones that occurred after being installed, so no much help there.

As explained on the other thread, some popups leave a record on the recent app overview, or under memory usage, or as running services. Until we don't have more details or you tell us how it went trying those instructions I'm afraid there's not much we can do, except guessing.
    I appreciate you trying. Hopefully I'll figure it out sooner rather than later.
    08-07-2018 04:08 PM
    I think we get what you are trying to ask but as it was stated before there is no real way to find out. If you cleared the notification it is gone. There isn't a history to pull up what was dismissed and whatnot like a change log.
    Thanks for trying. I appreciate it.
    08-07-2018 04:12 PM