Cannot connect to google services

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Just got a bunch of updates from Google Play.

Which would be a good thing if these updates didn't break my phone's connectivity in such a way that no Google services connect to my device. "Google cannot connect to the server", "No Internet Connection", "Sync Error". No Google-Driven app can connect to the web. Youtube, Play, Maps, Gmail, and all apps that connect to google services for anything, such as license verification.

Normally, Google ruining my day somehow is a common thing, so I don't often have an issue like this I cannot fix, however this one is persistent. I called a google support helpline and a man with an almost indecipherable indian accent told me to wipe the app cache and basically just made me angry.

These are the steps I have taken to try and fix this problem
Got p***ed off at 23:30 and google searched it. Got angrier and left it for fixing in the morning. (Scarcely useful support online, no recommendations worked)

1. Default apps to factory (No Fix)
2. Default accounts to factory (No Fix)
3. Remove accounts from device (No Fix)
4. Wipe app cache and data (No Fix)
5. Change Gmail/Google account settings\allow access\2-step verification\ect (No Fix)
6. NFC Sign-In (No Fix)
7. Use data instead of wifi (Connected one account, wont sync anything, NO FIX)
8. Delete "Hosts" File (No Fix)
9. Factory Reset/Wipe local cache (No Fix)
10. System Update (Crashes Device? Battery removal required)
11. Root/Unroot Phone and apply Third-Party software (No Fix)
12. System update after root/unroot (Download fails at start)
13. Changed DNS settings (No Fix)
14. Changed Home WiFi settings\Updated Drivers\Updated Router\Reset BTHub\Reset BTHome Settings\Changed Ethernet Sockets (No Fix)
15. Illegally modified Google Play\Services\Files\License Verification\Billing\Apps (No Fix)
17. Install Custom Kernel (Temporary Fix, see 6. )
18. Call support (Useless)
19. Install an app on the device from Google Play via Desktop PC. (Weird reaction. Tried to download app, phone notified it couldn't be installed [ERROR CODE 920]. Desktop site now shows the app is already installed and keeps making me sign in again. Same result for each app tested. (No Fix)
20. Unmount external storage (No Fix)
21. Given up.

I have done everything I can possibly think of short of flashing a new ROM. No online help is any more recent than 2014 for this same issue. I'm stuck and fed up :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes