How to unlock my phone from verizon but i am on a different carrier?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I recently switched to cricket, but i got a gift that was a verizon locked refurb s9 from best buy. Ever since i got the phone i am having really bad signal, even when i travel. Is it possible that verizon can unlock bands, even though i am now on a different network?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
There appears to be only one "SKU" or model of S9 in the US. Verizon sells their devices as "unlocked" so there is no code needed to activate the phone to work on other carriers, and the device is not "Verizon locked". If the phone WAS locked to a carrier, you would get an invalid SIM error and it wouldn't work at all.

Here is the source of my info - https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_s9-8966.php Look at the G950U as that looks to be the sole US SKU/model (confirm in your settings).

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

polje

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
For example, then what would be the problem with the s9, if other people on the same network, and place, have a different phone that gets consistently 3 or 4 bars, rather little to none on the s9? Would it be the problem of the phone being on different frequency than the current carrier the person is using?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
For example, then what would be the problem with the s9, if other people on the same network, and place, have a different phone that gets consistently 3 or 4 bars, rather little to none on the s9? Would it be the problem of the phone being on different frequency than the current carrier the person is using?

I'm not sure if you're the original poster or not, but I would guess something is set up wrong with the APN or network settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol