• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I get this error when i try purchasing stuff on any game please help

GladiusP

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
Same thing happening here, it's been like that for a few hours now. Also, the error code seems to be new? It gives no results besides some very recent posts from google play help forums reporting the exact same problem.

Shabro

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
It is because Google has locked your payment options until you verify, you are who you say you are. Go into Google Play, select payments > more payment settings. It'll open a webpage where you have to verify your identity. Pain in the butt!

GladiusP

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
It is because Google has locked your payment options until you verify, you are who you say you are. Go into Google Play, select payments > more payment settings. It'll open a webpage where you have to verify your identity. Pain in the butt!
It can't really be that since suddenly select few people are getting this error in the last few hours. As for personal experience, my account is 'brand new' when it comes to purchases and I had no problem adding 2 different payment methods. I also get no webpage telling me that I should verify my account or that it was locked (then I'm assuming it was never locked in the first place)

Adrean Randall

Aug 9, 2018
Visit site
Just got off the phone with google support, I was using paypal, and because 1 week ago someone took unauthorized funds from my account, PayPal issued a security alert, so Google had to confirm it was me. I suggest calling google support and giving them the error code.

Last edited:

ArcticHound

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
Got same problem. I'm using a recently bought pre-paid VISA card to try getting an item in a game I play, but it keeps giving me this error even though the card is legitimate and does contain money in it. I initially thought it was because I'm using a pre-paid card, but by the looks of this post, doesn't seem like it's the cause of my problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad