My Samsung J5 Pro had a frozen screen. After doing a reset the screen would not turn on, only battery charging circle. Then after trying to reset many times the display became a blue and white download arrow ( boot loop mode).
    Now the phone will not power on, so completely dead. I have been informed by a data retrieval company after a free initial consultation that some elements short circuited in the phone, (whatever that means)?
    Is there a way of retrieving my holiday photos and videos, or will I have to take it to a data recovery company and pay big dollars??
    From my understanding to download files from phone to computer one needs to have the phone screen working.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
    Naomi
    08-09-2018 09:59 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you'd have to pay the big bucks to the recovery company, and even then, there's no guarantee that they'll be able to get all of your data back. You weren't taking advantage of Google Photos auto-backup? Go to photos.google.com on your computer browser and see if those photos and videos are there.
    08-09-2018 01:21 PM