I have an LG G Pad 7.0 tablet that was given to me new from AT&T and its just been activated on my metro pcs account with a tablet phone number and I would like to know when I should expect a system update!!! Also, how can I text on the tablet using only the tablet phone number!? I have tried the texting apps and they want me to sync my phone, I don't want to sync anything!!
    08-09-2018 09:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Devices that are carrier branded typically have to be on that carrier's network to get the official system update. So you'd have to be on AT&T (if there's an update in the first place -- I wouldn't be surprised if that device never got any official updates).

Tablets with 4G support use it for mobile data (i.e., web access), not for telephony (i.e., making calls and sending SMS texts). So you can't use it for sending texts, unless you use a workaround (like Android Messages for Web: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-s...d-messages-web).
    08-11-2018 06:11 PM