I am still using my Motorola Droid 4 and downloaded, for the first time, a

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

nightly build "Lineage-14.1-20160810-nightly-maserati-signed.zip"-file
It says Check SHA256: OK
Than I see a kind of button with "Flash update"on it.
When I "push" that button my screen turns black for a while and than it asks if I really want to apply update and than I can "push"a button saying "update"
So far so good but now the problem: I seem to need 'root-rights', how?:

I tried:"" [ROOT] How to root the Droid 4
12-06-2014 04:23 PM
tools

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=155397&p=1602109&viewfull=1#post1602109
Phil Nickinson
Android Central Editor Emeritus

Windows only for now, but it's quick and painless.

Put your phone in USB debugging mode.
Connect your Droid 4 to the computer via USB
Make sure you have the latest drivers and what-not (get them here if you don't)
Download Dan Rosenberg's exploit
Extract to a folder, and double-click run.bat."

I tried to this but first I could not get the latest drivers, there was nothing there and 2nd Dan Rosenberg's exploit was not allowed to be downloaded being detected as "Malware" by Windows 8

Is there a possibility to do it in another way otherwise I do not see why these nightly builds still are made.

Regards,

Sicco

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Try https://support.motorola.com/us/en/solution/MS88481 for the driver.

As for the malware detection, consider it a false positive. I'm about as protected as can be, and none of my programs blinked as I downloaded it, opened the zip and looked at the batch file.

Why the nightly builds? "Oops, there's a tiny little bug we overlooked. Fix it and issue a new nightly." It happens with ROMs, browsers, everything. Would you rather they left in a tiny but that probably won't affect anyone - but it affects you? I'd rather later and good, or nightly and good, than earlier and buggy or one release and you can suffer with the bugs.