Galaxy S6 Active... is an LCD replacement what I need?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Galaxy S6 Active. I have dropped it so many times and its always held up, but I recently dropped it and it hit a corner of the base of an exercise bike and shattered the screen and damaging some pixels. The phone was fully functional still for about 6 hours after it fell before the screen went completely black. Rather than replacing the phone I have recently ordered an LCD replacement kit. It vibrates when I plug it in, so it will take a charge. I can tell that im still getting app notifications from the blinking light in the top left corner with different colors for varying apps, but when I try to call it from another phone to just see what will happen, the call goes straight to my voicemail and my phone doesn't ring.

Im just curious if this is standard when you bust your screen and LCD digitizer?
I just don't want to replace the LCD only to find out that ive done more damage to it and that the LCD wont fully resolve the issue. Or is this something I should be asking my provider about?

Any responses are greatly greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No, the screen has nothing to do with incoming calls - something else is broken, and I'm afraid it's the motherboard. By the time you replace both of them - assuming that you can without breaking anything else (cellphones aren't designed to be repaired by the user), you'll have spent almost as much as you would on a good used S6, and you'll have spent a lot of time and effort on it.

I'm guessing, though, that unless you've repaired cellphones before, you'll end up with a totally unworking phone, and no repair shop will touch it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon