Google pixel 2 xl pinkish hue to always on display only when in always on mode.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I noticed my AOD has a slight shade of magenta which is making it harder to see. Anyone else have this issue? Or is it just the norm? It's odd it'll show as plain white if I enable double tap to view but once I set it to always on it turns pinkish. Just the pixels that are on. (Not the background) worked fine a few days ago.

I've tried safe mood, fac reset, downgrading to 8.1 , going back to 9 , then clean flash 9 and it's still pink. It's a very odd behavior since it's only pink only when I enable it via "always on". If I use a AOD third party app those are white.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I do not think that is "normal" display/AOD behaviour. What are your colour settings like?

Looking forward to hearing other users' takes/experiences/suggestions!

CallmeBigfat

Aug 13, 2018
Visit site
Just made an account to reply to you. My color is on boosted. No night light or anything enlabed I did try to change the settings to mono just to see if black and white would work but that did not sold the issue it still shows pink! Very weird when I was back into 8.1 the notification pop ups were white but when It when back into the AOD it was pinkish still.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just made an account to reply to you. My color is on boosted. No night light or anything enlabed I did try to change the settings to mono just to see if black and white would work but that did not sold the issue it still shows pink! Very weird when I was back into 8.1 the notification pop ups were white but when It when back into the AOD it was pinkish still.

Hmm, that is odd. How long have you had the phone, and do you have insurance on it or anything like that? Perhaps you can trade it in for a replacement device.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

That is definitely not normal. If you are past the return period I would contact Google support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair