How do I stop my Mate 10 Lite creating .nomedia files in my gallery

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi Guys,

I am having real problems with my Mate 10 Lite gallery. when I take photos, they stay there for some time (1 hour) and then I can not view them at all. thumbnail is a cracked photo.

I have tried factory reset, (currently oreo 8.0) deleting .nomedia files, and many other suggestion obtained from forums.

Then gallery is ok for a day and them same thing happens.

Even when I back up photos or try to view on my computer, they cant be opened.

Please help me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. There are no photos "in Gallery". Gallery is an app, not a place.

2. Many apps create .nomedia files for their storage. They're storing things for the app, not for you. things like a "redo" arrow pr a logo for the app. There should be a .nomedia file in whatever folder those pictures are in - you don't want to see hundreds or thousands of pictures like that. (Which you would if not for the .nomedia files.)

3. When it happens, use a file manager and look in the folder your camera app saves to. Are the picture files there? Are you backing your pictures up to your Google account? (If you are, they aren't on the phone, they're on the Google server, and when you can't connect to the server, if you don't have thumbnails, you won't see pictures.) If you want to keep the pictures on the phone, not in Google Photos, don't back them up in your Google account.