how can i retrieve photos on a 32 gig sd (set to external storage after doing a factory reset

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I was told to do a factory reset on my Moto g3 after my camera flash & flashlight stopped working. So without umounting or removing(my bad) the SD card that was set to non encrypted external storage for photos (I was also told a reset would NOT affect the SD) I did the reset. So now I get "Unsupported SanDisk SD card" and wants me to format the card wiping out all my current pictures that I had not yet not saved to a thumb drive. Did the reset wipe the sd card as well? I've tried installing it on a sam galaxy and and got the same response. On a Microsoft Surface the reader shows files but can't open them. Ideas?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
PhotoRec. If the files are still there, PhotoRec will recover them. Slowly, but it will. Don't format the card, don't do anything to it, just put it into the surface (the card itself, not the phone) and run the Windows version of PhotoRec. Once everything is recovered, format the card.

(You won't get back any file names, you'll get names like File0001.jpg, File0002.jpg, etc. Just look at each one and rename it, or use an EXIF editor to look at what the name of each file used to be. (I think there's even a Windows program that can do a batch rename of all the files in a folder from their EXIF data.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol