Why the files on my tablet take 4 times more space?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello, I bought a tablet for my nephew, a chinese brand "voorka". I bought the 64gb version. Now I try to install some games, movies and manga for him. But every time the files take 4.5 times more space.

The total size of the files I transfered from my computer to his tablet is only 11gb, but his tablet actualy lost 51gb space instead of 11gb. There is only 7gb left right now on the tablet.

When I go in setting/storage the "phone storage" section shows 70% space available (grey color). But the "total space" section shows only 7gb left.

Is there a reason? Is there a solution to this problem?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Many. First, the size of a game isn't the same as the size of the .apk file that installs it. You can't copy the game to his tablet, you have to copy the .apk file, then run it.

Even with 64GB, a lot of that isn't user space, it;s system space. 7-% of total space may be free, but only 7GB of user space is free.

The solution depends on the problem. Exactly what did you copy to his tablet? The files take 4.5 times as much space as what? If you save a 100MB file, it shows up as 100MB? Or 450MB?

bilbot44

Aug 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello, I am the one who posted this question

I know that the size of a game is not the same as the size of the apk. I did not copy the folder of the game.

I know the system take place too but just after a factory reset, and before transfering files, it shows 59GB on 62GB.

If I transfert a 100MB file, it stills shows 100MB, but the tablet lost 450MB place. If I transfert a 2GB movie from my computer to the tablet, it's still shows 2GB on the tablet, but the tablet lost 8GB instead of 2GB.

Weither it's photos, movies, apk, etc. it does exactly the same thing.

I talked with the shop, they are sending me a new one.. But I have the feeling the storage capacity of this tablet is fake, is it possible? I used FullSystemInfo.Apk it shows 62GB.

Edit : I got the new tablet, its doing exactly the same thing. I transfered 1.45GB movie, and I lost 6GB space instead of 1.45GB

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc