How do I stop my phone from taking random videos and photos?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Recently I have been going through my phone and finding pictures and videos I didn't take. First picture was of my street and then a picture of my friend caught off guard. And now the creepiest video of all- while I was walking it recorded a video of my two friends and managed to get both of their crotches before stopping once I put my phone down. How do I make this stop??? I feel like a creep and don't want this to happen

clane777

Aug 18, 2018
Visit site
I spent last evening from approximately 10pm until 12:30am on the line with Verizon. Yesterday I heard my phone taking photos while it was across the room from me, with its cover closed. When I checked the gallery, I found SEVERAL photos and vids I never manually took. What scared me the most was the last photo it took was still on my screen and it was a screenshot of 2 of my contacts, one of which had passed away about a year ago and whom I never deleted from my list. My worst fear was that it would be sent to the mother of the passed contact, in the middle of the night and who is 80+ years old. Runner up in the fearful category was the fact I have 3 or 4 credit cards on my phone that I use in stores. What if shots of those were sent to random folks? Verizon was ZERO help. Eventually I turned my phone off and stuffed it in the pantry under a bag of nutter butter cookies, lol. This morning I did some googling and learned this appears to be a Samsung device issue, the Samsung Messaging app having some sort of glitch. I will be disabling the app and downloading (yes, I know :( ) a 3rd party messaging app to replace until the glitch is resolved.