Why my keyboard becomes small when playing a game? Note 9

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

my keyboard becomes small when i played games like mobile legends on the note 9. didn't see this problem in my friend's note 8

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
You actually named yourself after the Android Central website? Yo Kevin this is trademark infringement lol

Lol no. This is a um what did a mod tell me....a computer generated name. Or generic name. Something like that. It's for people that ask questions but don't have an account on this site.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I had same issue as I added Instagram and Twitter to game launcher to use screen recorder...I went crazy y I was getting floating keyboard on the apps...
searched the net , YouTube no result...then I went to game launcher setting and there I found option to switch off floating keyboard ...at last it was back to normal...

Brittany None

Sep 2, 2018
Visit site
FIGURED IT OUT! I had the same problem. Bought the phone today and could barely type when on a game cause it was so small. So after trying everything I could think of and ready to return the phone, I figured it out. You have to shut off floating keyboard. I cant remember where I found it, as I was just trying different things and came across it. But I shut off floating keyboard and now have the full keyboard in my games. Yay!! Maybe Google it to see how to get to that setting to shut it off. Good luck!

Jaskaran Bhatia7

Feb 4, 2017
Visit site
I always use gboard or SwiftKey. Once I switched to that it fixed this issue . Btw first time I played game it showed me that it was floating keyboard and how to turn it off. In haste to play game I closed that instruction box. But if you could find that option that will fix the issue too

Musti420

Sep 3, 2018
Visit site
For the life of me I can't seem to fix the floating keyboard option. I've looked in keyboard settings and game launcher setting. If anyone knows how to do it I'd be very thank full.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
It's in the game launcher settings.

First launch a game.

Click that little settings button on the task bar.

Select Additional features.

Disable Floating Keyboard.

Yguideslou

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully these screenshots will help.

While in a game, swipe to get your taskbar.

On one end is an icon to open the game settings... then select Additional Features, then you'll see the option for the keyboard.

I actually can't get a screenshot with the taskbar open... it simply won't include it as part of the shot.

For some reason some errant red screenshot is attached that I can't figure out how to detach, so ignore it please.

SmartSelect_20181013-081114_Star Trek.jpg

SmartSelect_20181013-081130_Star Trek.jpg

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20181013-081053_Star Trek.jpg
    SmartSelect_20181013-081053_Star Trek.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 14

SweetDreams666

Oct 22, 2018
Visit site
FIGURED IT OUT! I had the same problem. Bought the phone today and could barely type when on a game cause it was so small. So after trying everything I could think of and ready to return the phone, I figured it out. You have to shut off floating keyboard. I cant remember where I found it, as I was just trying different things and came across it. But I shut off floating keyboard and now have the full keyboard in my games. Yay!! Maybe Google it to see how to get to that setting to shut it off. Good luck!

I know where Game Laucher and u can set turn it off while your ingame

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney