Our internet is very strong and my husband who has an I phone has no trouble when making calls using our network. Our phone service is T Mobile. Is there a fix or do I take the phone back to Tmobile? Our Cell service as anticipated shows just 1 bar but the internet connection shows very strong.
    08-21-2018 09:16 AM
    I found WiFi calling quality’s bad. T-Mobile will send you a free signal booster to put in your home , allowing better call quality. Call their cs.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-21-2018 09:29 AM
    Run a VoIP test on your internet. (https://www.megapath.com/speedtestplus/ will work.) Your jitter should be 6ms or less, if you're experiencing higher jitter, you may have to contact your ISP and tell them that you need a connection with less jitter for your WiFi calling.
    08-21-2018 02:55 PM
    I agree with methodman89's suggestion -- T-Mobile is very good about providing signal boosters.

Another option is to turn on Airplane Mode while you're at home, and then turn your wi-fi back on. I recently found that this improved my phone and text reception at my workplace, which is notoriously bad for T-Mobile. The possible explanation is that when the cell radio was on, the phone was still trying to rely on that cell signal (if only intermittently), even with wi-fi calling on. Turning on Airplane Mode eliminates that option for the phone, and forces it to rely completely on wi-fi calling.
    08-21-2018 03:26 PM