surprised I cant see anything about this but my phone is only set to make sound from a limited number of apps

since the latest upgrade, the phone is going off at all times of day and night (i need the phone on as I am on call)

the notifications come from all sorts of apps that I am not interested in receiving notifications for. I turn them off and then another one pops up

anyone else seen this or has knowledge of a fix (i have a lot of apps)
    thanks
    08-23-2018 03:38 AM
    Sometimes manufacturers reset manual settings in apps on an update. (They're actually issuing a new version of the app, because the previous version won't run on the updated version of Android - but the update doesn't check the already-installed version to see if things like notifications are turned off.) So you have to go to each one of those apps and turn off notifications.
    08-23-2018 04:55 PM
    This is happening to me since the android update a couple of days ago!! And nothing i do will change it. In fact selecting the notification sound button in andriod settings not takes me to file manager , not to the sound setting. This is a bug in the latest upgrade. Very frustrating, i will now have to turn my phone totally off at work.
    08-24-2018 02:02 PM