Such a bad phone!

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,

I have had this phone for three months now, i have been back to the shop to complain twice but they can't help and things that go wrong typically don’t when I’m stood in front of them.

So here we are, the issues I face some of which are literally wanting to make me chuck it at the wall!

If I message on watsapp or messenger, the phone decides to try and videotime with the person I’m contacting! I have to hang up really quick which is not only frustrating for me but also the person I’m messaging as they keep getting missed video calls from me!

Whether I am texting or again using Watsapp or Messenger, the phone will decide to not text what I want, it will literally randomly and very quickly insert loads of random letters half way up the text message which means it takes forever to finish a text because I have to keep going back and deleting half of it!

The phone also freezes a lot so I have to reboot it.

I can honestly say I have had these issues since day one, but the phone is so unpredictable, I cant just show people that it’s going wrong when I need them to see it!

If anyone has these issues or a way to solve it please let me know, I’ve had enough of it now and massively regretting leaving Samsung for Huawei!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear you're having such annoying problems. What Samsung device do you have? Some of the problems you related could be caused by random ghost touches. Are you using a screen protector? If so, remove it and see if the problems persist. Another thing to try could be using a different keyboard app, Gboard for example if you're using a different one.

If nothing works try a factory reset and start from scratch, downloading only the apps that you really need and seeing if the problem persists before downloading more apps.

You23

Aug 23, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

Its a Huawei P20, there's no screen protector on it. I have also changed the keyboard, which i didnt even do on purpose, once again it decided to click on something different and changed it for me! It really has a mind of it's own.

I'll try a factory reset but the phones only three months old and started doing it the day i got it, but hopefully it helps.

Thank you,

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have also changed the keyboard, which i didnt even do on purpose, once again it decided to click on something different and changed it for me! It really has a mind of it's own.
Look in the corner of the keyboard for a tiny keyboard-like icon (just a rectangle with a couple of dots). Tap that and you can choose the keyboard you want as the default.

As for the other problems, keep trying to find a way of getting each particular problem to come up. Make a list. Then you can go to the shop and reproduce each issue. (It's the same as with software - once you can reproduce the problem at will, the fix is usually trivial. Even if in your case that means they have to replace the phone.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad