why does my LG G5 not work as well as Iphone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It seems my LG G5 just doesn't work much of the time. 2 examples - I don't use Lyft often, but when I do it won't work until I restart my phone. Last night after restarting and opening Lyft it couldn't find my location and I had to hand enter it. Both my Lyft app and phone in general have gps enabled. We had to use my partner's Iphone to actually get a ride.

2. I live in Oregon but my mom lives in Torrance CA. I cannot make calls from here (I'm on Verizon). Again, had to use my partner's iphone this morning to make calls, (also Verizon) and had no problems.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You may just have a defective phone. Bring it back to where you got it (the Verizon store?) and have them check it out.

The GPS receivers in most phones these days (maybe not in some of the cheap Chinese phones) have much higher sensitivity than GPS receivers used to have. Even in a steel-filled warehouse (with a built-up roof - no steel), I can always get a 3 or 4 second warm start with GPS on just about any phone. And the radios are also a lot more sensitive than they used to be. I make calls from inside steel buildings with no problem. But my phone works. If yours doesn't, they may have to do something about it. (Mine is getting replaced - a Pixel 2 - because the fingerprint sensor seems to have gone nuts.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae