Hi

I have just bought a Samsung Tab s 8.4 to replace my very reliable Hudl 2 as I wanted a better screen to fly with my mavic pro. Unfortunately the video feed is dire.. (pixelated and video stream loss). I've flown the mavic for the last year or so on the Hudl 2 with absolutely no trouble at all. I've tried just about everything that's been written about this problem on the drone forums to make the galaxy tab work with no success... then I just watched some guy on YouTube go through a list of possible causes for the tablet / phones not working correctly with the drone app and one was the OS.

So I checked the OS on the Samsung tab and it is Marshmallow 6.0 - My Hudl which I've never updated because I use it exclusively for drone flying is Lollipop 5.1.1. Seeing as this is the only thing that appears to be different I would like to downgrade the Samsung tab. I see tons of guides for downgrading mobile phones but none for tabs - Is the process the same for both? Don't want to brick the tab.

Thanks.
    08-24-2018 04:01 PM