My old s7 edge was just getting too buggy so bought a motorolla phone. I had backed up my old contacts, messages, app info etc through samsung smart switch assuming it was a universal app on my micro sd. So I went ahead and factory reset the phone. Well, now I'm realizing that the app ONLY works for samsung to samsung, any other free apps that could read the file and restore all the data? I mean I have contacts and all the vital stuff on the new phone through my google account, but it would be nice to have all my old messages, passwords, etc.

Thanks in advance.
    08-26-2018 11:24 PM
    Hi and welcome to Android Central. Unfortunately you might have to restore your S7 because I don't know of any app that's compatible with the Samsung cloud or device backup. If you restore your S7 with your last backup, you should be able to use the Moto Migrate app to get your data from the S7 to the Moto.
    08-27-2018 10:52 AM
    No, to do something like that (and for your future knowledge), see Backing up an Android Device, That works on any phone. (It's a lot of work, you back up each thing individually, but it's the only universal backup without buying some expensive hardware.)
    08-27-2018 06:16 PM