I have the strangest problem with Google Chrome on my Galaxy Tab S3. I am frequently unable to type anything into the search box at the top of a website, e.g. Amazon, IMDB, shopping sites, etc. Where there used to be a flashing cursor, now there is nothing. Other types of data entry fields seem to be okay, as are the Amazon, IMDB etc apps - it's just search boxes in the Chrome browser.

Here's where it gets weird. When I try the site in Incognito mode it works perfectly. If I close the lid and re-open it, it works perfectly. Often if I minimise the browser and re-open it, or create a second tab and then go back to the first, it'll work perfectly. But opening the browser, navigating some sites, and then attempting to enter something into a search box - nothing.

I'm not sure if this is problem with Chrome or the Android OS or something else.
    I'm using the latest version of everything. I've re-installed Chrome twice and I'm getting the same result.

I'm very confused because this used to work fine! Please can you help?
    08-27-2018 07:06 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried clearing the cache/data of the Chrome app? If Chrome was preinstalled, what happens if you uninstall updates?
    08-28-2018 11:55 AM