Hi,

I've noticed my phone (Samsung Galaxy S7) starts overheating and draining the battery at alarming rates. I've not yet pinned down what triggers this, but I have discovered that putting the phone in airplane mode immediately stops the drain and the device starts to cool down again.

I think it has something to do with Chrome, which is why I tried the airplane mode to sever any possible connections.

The battery drain was so bad that it was dropping, even whilst the phone was plugged in to the charger.

I've cleared the phone cache, run the system's own malware scanner and Avast mobile security, but none of these made a difference or found any security issues.

Given that it seems to be associated with Chrome, and that the issue stops when all connections are killed, I'm getting paranoid that there's some kind of security issue happening. I was wondering if anyone has experienced something similar and knows more?

Thanks for reading.
    08-28-2018 06:24 AM
    08-28-2018 07:42 AM
    Hi, did you ever find a solution to your issue? The exactly the same is happening with my Samsung S7 phone and I just can't seem to figure out why. When I put in airplane mode, it's all fine again. I have done the factory reset and still not fixed the issue.
    04-16-2019 12:07 PM