Hi, I'm using an unrooted Huawei P20 with Oreo 8.1. I have the Google assistant set up, and voice model trained. The problems here are twofold.
    Firstly, if my phone screen is off, (say just gone black - it does not automatically LOCK for 5 mins) and I use the ok Google command, the screen will come to life, open the assistant, but the microphone is not active. To ask the assistant anthing, i must say ok Google a second time.
    Secondly, if the phone screen has actually locked and I say ok Google, the screen will come to life but request my pin. I have already set up Google's "unlock with voice match" feature but it has never managed to unlock the phone. I've trained and retrained the voice profile and unlock never works. If anyone can help with either of these issues, if be grateful.
    Alon Hillel likes this.
    08-28-2018 06:52 PM
    Hi. I have the same problem with Huawei P20 Pro. I have noticed that the "ok google" isn't working the first time only when I am on one of the home page screens. It works fine when an app(any) is open. Tried uninstalling google and re-installing and its not working. This just started happening few days ago(today is Jan 26th, 2019). Any help or insight will be appreciated.
    01-26-2019 09:30 AM