The cable would not go into the charging port. My husband inspected it and pulled out a small hard piece. He doesn't know what it was, but the cable now fits in the charging port but fast charging does not work and it charges EXTREMELY slow (a lot slower than regular cable charging). We've tried different cables but got the same result. Now I'm thinking that the piece that he removed was part of the charging port.
    Should I skip trying to fix this issue and just replace the charging port?
    08-29-2018 12:06 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it still work to transfer data? Connect it to your PC via USB, then swipe down the notification panel -- is there a USB connection icon there? If so, tap it and select MTP, then open Windows Explorer on your PC and see if you can explore the phone's storage there.

If you can still transfer data, then one option is to rely on wireless charging. Otherwise, I would agree that replacing the port would be the next step.
    08-29-2018 12:17 PM
    That "small hard piece" was probably part of the connector in the port. I'd say that you need a new port. (Next time ask here before letting your husband break your phone. Even most repair shops would have just looked at it, then told you what was wrong, without charging you.)
    08-29-2018 10:41 PM