Since updating to Android 9 I cannot find where to allow my phone to send files via USB. Previously you had to select it in the settings but it's no longer there. Can someone help?

NO I don't want to install apps to fix this; that shouldn't be the answer for a simple task like connecting a phone to a PC via USB.

If I broke my leg I would go to the hospital and get the problem fixed, I wouldn't just use a cane as a work around my broken leg.
    08-31-2018 03:05 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'll have to test this later, but typically, when you connect via USB, swipe down the notification panel and tap the USB icon. It should then give you the option to select MTP (or File Transfer).
    08-31-2018 12:18 PM
    This is the exact same problem I'm having. No option to pull down and select USB file transfer

Android 9 pixel 2 xl

Worked earlier this month for file transfer

Edit: my wife's pixel 2 xl with Android Oreo still installed will connect no problem so frustrating. Would revert back to Oreo if I could in a heartbeat. Afraid of losing all data and not very phone savy to begin with
    09-03-2018 12:01 PM
    Pixel 2 running Pie, and the choice still pops up. Make sure that you're not using a USB 3.0 port and a USB 3.0 cable - Pixels aren't compatible with USB 3.0. 2.0 or 3.1 are fine, as long as one of them, the port or the cable, is 2.0 or 3.1. (Although if you're using the same cable and PC USB port for both, that's not the problem.)

If you're using different cables, try your wife's cable.

If none of that works, you may indeed have a broken leg - or a broken USB port in the phone, in this case.
    09-03-2018 05:12 PM
    Hi, I had the same problem with connecting my Pixel to Computer via USB after updating to the latest version of Android. Go to settings & search for USB. Select USB Preferences & the usual screen to connect to Computer is there.
    C
    02-27-2019 06:59 AM
    Whenever I connect my Pixel 2 to my Windows 10 laptop it keeps connecting then dropping in a matter of seconds and repeating until I disconnect. Also did this with my Nexus 5. Tried everything on the internet and no joy. Any ideas?
    06-05-2019 07:16 PM