Device not hard reseting

Ahmad170

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
I have an htc desire 816 and it had an issue where google play shuts down as soon as I type a letter in the sign in screem, so I tried to factory reset it but as soon as it reboots to reset, it doesn't reset and instead it goes to fastboot screen, and when I try to choose factory reset from it it doesn't work either, so I can't reset it, how can I fix that?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Google Play has no sign-in screen - if you have a Google account on the phone.

As for the phone starting in fastboot, that means that Android is corrupt and you'll have to reflash it. (And you'll lose everything but Android itself.)

Ahmad170

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Hi, the sign in screen I'm refering to is the one that appears when you're not signed in to a google account, the one where you enter you google account email and then press next to enter password.
As soon as I enter the first letter of the email it stops working and goes back to the screen before it where I have to agree condtitions, and no matter how many time I agree and continue to enter my email, as soon as I type a letter it stops working and restarts the google play app.

Ahmad170

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Google Play has no sign-in screen - if you have a Google account on the phone.

As for the phone starting in fastboot, that means that Android is corrupt and you'll have to reflash it. (And you'll lose everything but Android itself.)

Hi,
And how can I do that? I have never flashed android or a rom before. I don't mind losing the data on the phone.

Ahmad170

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
This is how you're trying to do the factory reset, correct? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/htc/htc-desire-816/hardreset/first-method/. You mentioned the reset doesn't work -- what exactly happens? Do you get an error message? Or does it just reboot into the same situation?

Yes this is the way, and it goes back to the same screen without actually reseting.
And I tried to do factory reset from android settings, but it reboots to the fastboot screen, the same one I tried to hard reset from.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo