My text message notifications are coming through with two additional notifications for every one text received. I thought it may have had something to do with the messaging app. I switched from the samsung app to the android messaging app. However, I'm running into the same problem on both apps. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus. Thanks in advance for any help.
    08-31-2018 08:20 AM
    If you're running Samsung's Touch Wiz as your launcher, the notifications on the app (the badge) is the number of notifications in the shade (the pulldown), not the number of new messages in the app.

If you're getting 2 additional sound notifications and/or notifications in the shade - it has to be a disease going around. I get something similar in Thunderbird (my email program) running in Windows - a sound notification and popup for an email (normal) then, about a minute later, another sound notification. Then off the only sound setting I know of in the program and I get none, so it's not that the notification is set in 2 different places.

Computers are getting too complex to figure out. Running assembly in a bare computer was good enough.
    09-03-2018 03:01 PM
    I am having the exact same thing happen on brand new NOTE 9. This just started 2 days ago. When I first powered it up and ran for about 2 days without this happening. I'm wondering if I've turned something ON that wasn't originally ON...???

I get 1 new text message but the little RED indicator is showing 2 new messages.
    seetammy16 likes this.
    09-07-2018 11:22 AM
    I found that I had an unread message from weeks ago that was not showing on the screen. That fixed this problem.
    02-10-2019 07:05 AM