I recently added an extarnal SD card (SanDisk Extreme 64gb - recommended as a good option on various sites). I have formatted as internal storage and it automatically migrated my photos to the SD card.

The write speed is proving a little to slow - phone runs hot and some photos only show up in album minutes later; also will not take screenshots now ("Couldn't capture screen shot - problem encountered while saving screenshot").

So, I want to have photos stored on internal memory and can move music and apps to the SD card to free up space.

When I go to the storage manager (to photos folder on the SD card), the option "Move to..." is greyed out so I cannot move photos back to internal memory.

There is sufficient space.

Any ideas why this may be?
    08-31-2018 08:49 AM
    I've also gone into the camera settings btw and the storage location is set there to "Removable storage" and cannot be changed.
    08-31-2018 09:01 AM
    I've also gone into the camera settings btw and the storage location is set there to "Removable storage" and cannot be changed.
    08-31-2018 09:40 AM
    When you format the SD card as "internal storage", the card is no longer considered to be a separate "drive". What was previously internal storage and external storage is now just "storage". As a rule, the user does not get to pick which physical "drive" the phone puts files on.

The better solution is to use the SD card as external/removable storage.
    Put your pictures, videos, music, and documents on the SD card.
    Leave the apps installed on the internal storage.
    For the apps that use lots of storage space (camera, maps, GPS navigation, games), check the settings in each app to see if they allow you to move their data to the SD card.

Which phone?
    Which version of android?
    Which carrier?
    Laura Knotek and Rukbat like this.
    08-31-2018 04:52 PM
    Well that was a long journey round the block. Copied everything off, switched it to portable and now all OK!
    Thanks for the tips.
    09-05-2018 12:12 AM