Not sure if I should block a number or not and if I do and then decided a week from now to unblock it will the texts or voice messages that may have been sent over the past week show up?
    08-31-2018 12:50 PM
    The normal definition of a "blocked" phone call is for it to go directly to voicemail without ringing the phone. If you later unblock the number, that only affects new calls, not the old ones.

What happens with blocked/rejected SMS messages depends on your SMS app. The standard behavior for blocked numbers is to receive the message silently and discard it. Some apps will put the message into a "spam" folder instead of discarding it. Either way, now that the phone received the message (saved or not), there is no "receive again".
    08-31-2018 03:18 PM
    To add what was already said, a carrier can place a block on a number. When I worked for Verizon we could place a block and it prevented the call from going through preventing the voice mail, and texts never went through either. When the block ended(was automatic on Verizon after 90 days) none of the texts/calls would show up.
    08-31-2018 08:44 PM